Healthcare business for sale in Johns Creek, Georgia
DecisionPoint Wellness is a Georgia state licensed intensive outpatient treatment center for adults suffering from substance use and co-occurring disorders.
Type of business: healthcare, medical
Purchasing DecisionPoint Wellness Center is an attractive proposition to anyone that currently has an integrative medical practice, detox center, an IOP program or an inpatient program that wants to easily acquire a new location or add an additional level of care to their existing business.
- LOCATION. DecisionPoint is located in the highly affluent metro Atlanta suburb of Johns Creek, GA. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the population was 76,728. In 2017 Johns Creek ranked third on the USA TODAY list of "50 best cities to live in. High visibility location on a very busy street, State Bridge Rd. Easy access and convenient location for clients and staff. Clients come primarily from Roswell, Cumming, Alpharetta, Milton, Duluth, Suwanee, and Dawsonville areas. No other IOP or outpatient addiction programs in Johns Creek and surrounding areas. The next closest IOP program is Roswell (7 miles / 25 minutes) and Cumming (13 miles / 30 minutes). Located next door to a men's sober living program, Anchor Sober Living, and within 4 miles of two other men's sober living programs, Lotus Sober Living, and 365 Sober Living.
- ESTABLISHED. The first locally owned business of it's kind in north metro Atlanta 3 years ago. Established as a trusted community resource for information on addiction and needs assessments to determine level of care needed for clients. Well known by local business, Chamber of Commerce, therapist, medical doctors, Perimeter Church, and referral resources like detox and inpatient programs.
- FACILITY. Our facility looks like an upscale spa. Very contemporary, black, white, teal and gray, high loft like ceilings, an 1800 sq. ft. space called The Legacy Club that features a 140 inch projection screen TV, a 55" flat screen behind a beverage bar, comfortable couch and chair conversation areas, popcorn cart, refrigerator, snacks, bottled water, PA system, and a pool table. This space is used for peer support meetings, IOP sessions, sober events, and it is open to clients 6 days a week. The facility also has 11 offices and 4 group meeting rooms. This facility has the potential to rent space to therapist for an additional revenue stream.
- PROGRAM. DecisionPoint has served more than 275 clients and their family's over the last three years. The curriculum is client tested and effective. Approximately 80% of our clients are still abstinent from drugs and alcohol after 1 year. An eight week curriculum consisting 24 IOP sessions and psycho educational materials are available in a Cloud based system. Counselors and therapists have a turn-key system to prepare for IOP sessions. There are 4 tracks, each covering 2 weeks, consisting of Addiction Education, Relapse Prevention, Building a Sober Support Network, and Family Systems and Dynamics.
- PROCESS & SYSTEMS. DecisionPoint has established a paperless system and process for all activities from assessment, intake, and admissions to client notes and insurance filing. Kareo is our insurance billing and practice management platform. Our insurance billing system is efficient and effective. Operations has developed a complete Policy & Procedure book for our staff.
- PEER SUPPORT GROUPS. More than 800 people a week come to DecisionPoint for peer support meeting like AA, Al-anon, SMART Recovery, SMART Family, Refuge Recovery, Heroin Anonymous and Pathways 2 Life (prevention and early intervention high school students). DecisionPoint is highly visible in the recovery community. On average, 6 to 12 clients each year come from these groups. These groups are run independent of DecisionPoint.
- ACTIVE ALUMNI GROUP. Every week on Thursday from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm approximately 10-20 former clients meet. This group is facilitated by a DecisionPoint staff member. This is an excellent source for referrals.
- GROWTH POTENTIAL. Without an investor or influx of capital from the beginning, revenue has grown from $65K 2015, $309K 2016, $537K 2017, $630K YTD 9/2018. An owner with the proper funding could grow in this current location to $1.5MM or more.
- FAVORABLE LEASES / POTENTIAL NEW LOCATION / CORPORATE OFFICE SPACE. The lease cost on the existing Johns Creek location is under market value at $8.45 sq. ft. ($4083 mo.) The market rate for this space is $22 sq. ft. The lease has 2 years remaining, but the landlord has agreed in principle to extend the lease up to another 3 years pending buyer approval. There is a 1600 sq. ft. space in Alpharetta, GA (Crabapple) at 2600 Abbey Ct. that was acquired to expand our IOP and / or mental health operations, but the space was never opened. The lease is for 5 years starting at $1500 per month that increases to $2000 per month in year two. Again, this is under the market value of $2500 per month. It is in an excellent area that is under served in the addiction treatment field. There is also a 1300 sq. ft. space that was used as a corporate office and training center approximately 1.5 miles from the Johns Creek location. This is an excellent location for insurance/billing, marketing, and other non-treatment departments needed to grow this business.
- RECEIVABLES. Currently (10/22) there is $65K outstanding in insurance billings, and that will increase each week. Typical rate of payment is 55%.
Owner financing is available.
Key financial facts and forecast
For the first year and a half, the company was debt free. All profits were poured back into the business, and by the end of 2017 revenue was averaging $70K per month, our census was at an all time high with 40 clients, and revenue finished +74% verses 2016. Equity was $34K. We also expanded our current space by 2800 square feet by signing a lease for the unit next to ours and built it out to meet our needs, moved into a corporate office, and signed a lease for a new IOP location to expand our program. Along the way, we acquired approximately $65K in debt. In 2018, our revenue grew 40% versus prior year as did our operating expenses. Merchant Cash Advances were secured due to the volatility in the timing of insurance payments. Total debt is approximately $119K.
Reason for selling
My desire to move to my residence in Florida to spend time with my wife and family.
Required buyer qualifications
Interested in buyers that are already in the addiction recovery field that own or have interest in an a sober living business or an inpatient or outpatient program.
Download Sales Memorandum
Johns Creek, Georgia, US